1. Does Big Bend sell directly to Farmers?
No. Big Bend operates as a wholesale company providing products through retail and other distribution networks. If you would like to know of dealers in your areas, Please Contact Us.
If you are a retail farm supply, or T&O dealer, and are interested in becoming a dealer for Big Bend products, Please Contact Us!
2. I am a retail farm supply dealer and would like to sell Big Bend products. How do I become a dealer for big Bend Agri-Services? Please Contact Us!
PRICING And CREDIT TERMS
3. How do I find out about pricing of your products?
If you are a farmer or retail T&O customer then you should contact a Big Bend dealer in your area. If you do not know who your local dealer is, Please Contact us!
If you are a dealer or prospective dealer, Please Contact us!
4. Does Big Bend offer credit terms for dealer business?
Yes. 30 day terms are offered to dealers that submit their credit application and trade references, and are approved for credit terms.
FORMULATION And PRODUCTS
5. Can Big Bend formulate/create custom blends of fertilizers on demand?
Yes. We will consider any request that is physically possible. Some requests may be ‘possible’ but not ‘advisable’ from a storage standpoint. Time and temperature fluctuations (both high and low) may affect the quality of some mixes.
6. What Products Are Offered?
Please consult the ‘Product Tab’ of our website.
7. Are other products offered that are not listed on the website?
Yes. Additional products may be available on a regular or special order basis…however most products of interest are listed on the Products page.
8. Do you offer any Organic or OMRI listed products?
Yes. This is obviously a much narrower and specialized product portfolio. Contact us for details.
9. Do you have all products on your website available for immediate shipment?
No. Products that are considered to be ‘in season’ may be available for immediate shipment but most products are manufactured and packaged ‘just in time’ to ensure that the item requested is in optimum condition upon delivery. Bulk and IBC tote products can be formulated and arranged for delivery very quickly. Packaged goods may require a few days for fulfillment
10. Do you sell herbicides and insecticides?
No. Only fertilizers and industrial products.
DELIVERY & PICKUP
11. Can I arrange to pick up bulk or packaged goods at the Big Bend location?
Yes. This can be arranged through the customer service/order process.
12. What is the typical distance range and quantity for bulk fertilizer delivery by Big Bend?
Bulk deliveries are made with 3200 or 5000 gallon double compartment tankers in an average range of 250 miles from our plant in Cairo, GA. Any distance will be considered. Please Contact Us!
13. Can Big Bend deliver bulk fertilizer products directly to my business or to my customer’s farm?
Yes. With clear communication about truck accessibility, ground clearance, overhead clearance, etc., any farm or dealer delivery will be considered.
14. What range of delivery does Big Bend offer for palletized packaged goods or IBC totes?
Big Bend offers regular delivery of this type of product on a weekly route, or on demand, within a 100 mile radius of Cairo, GA.
15. Can Big Bend arrange for shipment of packaged goods by outside carriers?
Yes. Big Bend works with several carriers to shop for the best freight terms and rates for our customers.
16. What is the minimum purchase quantity for packaged products?
One pallet of 36 cases of: 2×2.5 gallon jugs or 5 gallon pails (180 total gallons), or one 250 gallon IBC tote.
17. Can I visit the Big Bend facility?
If you are a current or prospective dealer for Big Bend, we would welcome the opportunity to arrange a visit. Please Contact Us!
18. Can Big Bend package private label products for my business?
Yes. We would welcome the opportunity to supply a range of standard or custom formulated products for your business.
19. Can I return my 275 gallon IBC container to Big Bend for credit?
No. However, most of these units can be picked up by the manufacturer if a minimum threshold is reached. This varies…but is usually 6 or more. (Most totes have an 800 number listed to contact the recycling company)
20. Do you have someone on staff to help decide what I need for particular situations? (blueberries, tobacco, cotton etc).
Yes. There are several staff members that can assist with this. Please Contact Us at our main office by email or phone and we will arrange for one of our staff members to provide consultation.
21. What type of liquid storage tank space is available?
Mild steel, fiberglass, and aluminum tanks are available for rental and product storage.
22. Are truck scales available at the Big Bend terminal?
Yes. 70 foot electronic truck scales are on the property.
23. Can you arrange hauling of liquid fertilizer or industrial products that may be stored at the Big Bend terminal?
Yes. Big Bend may be able to accommodate any hauling needs or can arrange hauling through serval reputable and trusted liquid hauling partners.
24. What quality control, security and safety measures do you have in place or offer for your terminal services?
Truck cleanliness verification is required, prior to being filled, to transport products. Other Q/A services that can be arranged are retention of shipped product samples, truck valve and port seals, electronic scanning and retention of all related shipping documents. For safety and security–The terminal is fenced, visitors are required to sign in before visiting the facility, and well placed security cameras monitor all activities.